Each May the nation celebrates Older Americans Month to recognize those individuals for their contributions, and provide information to help stay healthy and active. The focus this year is injury prevention with the theme Safe Today. Healthy Tomorrow. Omaha Public Library provides services, support, and resources to older adults year-round, and Older Americans Month offers an opportunity to provide specialized information, services and programs to promote healthy lifestyles and overall well-being.
- Remembering the Fifties: An Interactive Event. Saturday, May 3, 1 p.m. at Saddlebrook Branch, 14850 Laurel Ave., 402.884.7473.
- Get Crafty: Memory Boxes.
- Saturday, May 3, 2:30 p.m. at Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St., 402.444.5299
- Saturday, May 24, 10 a.m. at Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402.444.4848
- Friday, May 30, 2 p.m. at Charles B. Washington Branch, 2868 Ames Ave., 402.444.4849
- After Hours with AARP. Friday, May 9, 6:30 p.m. at Florence Branch
- Grandma, Grandpa and Me Storytime!
- Thursday, May 15, 3:30 p.m. at Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th St., 402.444.6284
- Sunday, May 18, 3:30 p.m. at Milton R. Abrahams Branch
Computers & Technology
- Computer Basics. Thursday, May 1, 10 a.m. at South Omaha Library, 2808 Q St., 402.444.4850
- Word and Excel. Thursday, May 15, 10 a.m. at South Omaha Library
- Facebook, Tablets and iPads. Thursday, May 22, 10 a.m. at South Omaha Library
- Medicare 101. Wednesday, May 7, 6 p.m. at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch, 2100 Reading Plz., 402.289.4367
- Paying for Long-Term Care.
- Saturday, May 10, 10 a.m. at South Omaha Library
- Tuesday, May 20, 6 p.m. at W. Clarke Swanson Branch, 9101 W. Dodge Rd., 402.444.4852
- Social Security Strategies. Monday, May 12, 6 p.m. at South Omaha Library
- Retirement Income Planning. Saturday, May 24, 10 a.m. at South Omaha Library
- Estate Planning. Tuesday, May 27, 6 p.m. at W. Clarke Swanson Branch
- Outsmarting Investment Fraud. Wednesday, May 28, 12 p.m. at Millard Branch
- Flexibility is Within Your Reach. Tuesday, May 6, 6:30 p.m. at Millard Branch
- Nutrition Tips for Healthy Aging. Wednesday, May 7, 1 p.m. at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch
- Cardiovascular Disease (with optional screenings). Saturday, May 10, 1 p.m. at W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., 402.444.4800
- Be the Best Grandparent You Can Be! Tuesday, May 27, 6:30 p.m. at Millard Branch
- Caregiving: Truths and Consequences. Wednesday, May 28, 7 p.m. at W. Clarke Swanson Branch
Visit omahalibrary.org for program descriptions, registration information and additional programs offered at Omaha Public Library’s 12 metro locations.